Table of Contents
What should I use?
Well, this, just like the engine, was something that I took very
seriously, and I had quite a few options to consider. Before I
looked at my options, I figured out exactly what my requirements
were. I knew that whatever I was going to use, had to handle the
power of the Turbo engine (200 plus), it had to fit into by buggy
chassis, had to be IRS, and had to be reasonably priced. After all
of those considerations, I determined that I had to use a bus
transmission, and I had to take it to Import Transmission Exchange where
they do a great Type 1 nosecone conversion.
Check out the pictures of the painted
transmission, and of the nosecone conversion.
- 1970 3 rib Bus Transmission
- All welded hubs
- Completely rebuilt with all new
gaskets, syncro's, etc.
- Super Beetle mainshaft (uses larger
1st gear for more strength)
- Stock gear ratio's since my rear tire
diameter is 25"
- Late Model (091) Differential
- Type 1 nosecone adapter for direct fit
into type 1 chassis
- Welded heavy duty cross shaft
- Hydraulic slave cylinder for use with
2100 lb Kennedy Pressure Plate and 4 puck clutch disk